BEVEN & BROCK
RESIDENT MANAGER’S JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Because of the nature of your life circumstance, you would be available to be around the property most of the time. Not necessarily working at the property, but just there in case of an unforeseen emergency.
2. Days off duty will be two days per week, at manager’s discretion, based on the needs of the property. Resident manager will attempt to inform the Property Manager of his schedule to insure that property is adequately supervised in his absence.
3. Maintaining your apartment in immaculate condition, as yours will often be the first impression formed by potential applicants.
4. Using daily walks around the grounds, Keep the grounds clean. Keeping management and rental signs appropriately displayed.
5. To enforce the house rules uniformly and fairly to all residents.
6. To collect rents and deliver these to the Beven & Brock office on the 2nd of the month (or first business day after the 2nd). To prepare and/or serve late notices or other papers as needed.
7. To insure that the landscaping is adequately watered.
8. To insure that the property is well lit at night. Re-set timers, and replace light bulbs when needed.
9. To inspect the property several times each week to insure that there are no dangerous conditions.
10 To report each week to this office on the status of the property.
11. To do minor “fix-it” repairs such as re-setting garbage disposals or using a “plunger” on a stopped-up toilet. To promptly relay any maintenance/repair needs beyond your ability to the appropriate handy-person or tradesman. To monitor the work of the tradesmen. Soliciting bids for significant projects.
12. To consult with the Beven & Brock office as needed to approve bills from your complex for payment.
13. Manage apartment turn-overs. Calling and scheduling with required vendors. Soliciting bids for significant projects.
14. Placing inter-net ads, taking calls, showing apartments to prospective tenants. Screening tenants.
15. Calling in credit checks, filling out rental contracts, executing receipts for payments received if requested.
16. Managing and accounting for the inventory of tools, spare parts, drapes, and appliances.
17. Manager agrees to wear appropriate protective work clothes when working, to use proper tools for the job. If a ladder is required (as when changing over-head light-blubs) manager will use the proper ladder for the job.
18. Promoting the good image of your building and Beven & Brock. To treat all tenants and vendors fairly, ethically, and respectfully.
Extra pay: for work done that is in excess of the items mentioned above, the resident manager will be paid as follows, on prior agreement with your property manager: cleaning, $10 per hour. Painting, $12 per hour. Electrical or plumbing or other categories requiring specialized tools, $15 per hour. For any other categories of work, please see your property manager.